Made in Japan
These katakuchi are made by Yuko Ikeda, a Japanese ceramic artist. Individually hand made and glazed in special recipe developed by Yuko herself.
The uniqueness of the glaze really caught my attention first. Yuko is very experimental and playful with the way she uses her glaze mix. She applies them as if she paints on the forms she creates. The end results will never be the same. It makes sense to know she joined a glaze research group for a while where she gathered all kinds of knowledge about them and gave an influence on the methods she uses now.
Yuko's tablewares are work of art while also enriching our daily lives as a functional wares.
Style 1: Approx. 8cm x 12cm x H10cm
Style2: Approx. 7cm x 12cm x H11cm
Care for Silver Glaze
- They may darken with use.
- Wash with dishwashing liquid with soft sponge and rinse.
- Pale coloured parts may get stained with colour of food or liquid.
- Using metal utensils may leave pencil line like scratch on the surface. Use wooden utensils where possible.
- Do not use it in the microwave nor in the dishwasher.
- If you would like to polish the surface of darken spots, please gently polish it with the silver polishing cloth provided. Otherwise eraser or toothpaste also works nicely. Try not to over polishing to maintain the matt finish of the silver, though.
Gift Wrap Service
We offer a gift wrap service. Click here for more info and to add it to your order.
UK VAT CHANGES
Starting from 1 January 2021 the UK VAT amount will be deducted from orders to EU countries. The final price during checkout will reflect the correct VAT rate for the destination country of your order.