Made in Japan
These special oval plates are made by Yuko Ikeda, a Japanese ceramic artist. Individually hand made using Tatara mould and glazed in special glaze recipe developed by herself.
Her uniqueness with the glaze really caught my attention. Yuko is very experimental and playful with the way she uses her glaze mix. She applies them as if she paints on the forms she creates. The end results will never be the same. It makes sense to know she joined a glaze research group for a while where she gathered all kinds of information about glazes. Her experience there gave a huge influence on the glazing methods she uses now.
Living near the sea, she often takes inspiration from it and what it offers. Seashells are often used as part of her glazing process adding beautiful character to a piece. Yuko's tablewares are work of art while also enriching our daily lives as a functional wares.
- For the first time using it, just wash with dishwashing liquid and rinse.
- With pale coloured wares, colour of food or liquid may stain them with use.
- Depending on the glaze, they may develop beautiful crazing pattern.
- Using metal utensils may leave pencil line like scratch on the surface. Use wooden utensils where possible.
- Do not use it in the microwave nor in the dishwasher
Gift Wrap Service
We offer a gift wrap service. Click here for more info and to add it to your order.
UK VAT CHANGES
Starting from 1 January 2021 the UK VAT amount will be deducted from orders to EU countries. The final price during checkout will reflect the correct VAT rate for the destination country of your order.